Motivated by childhood pets and rescued creatures Elizabeth (Lisa) Petrulis paints companion portraits.
Coming soon you will be able to commission your own painting to honor your favorite pet. Sign up for the quarterly email newsletter.
Ms. Petrulis shares a studio and home in rural Marshall, Illinois with her husband. Over the years they have homed several cats and dogs, including the current studio muse Kitten Caboodle. The mongrels, of mysterious lineage, modeled for and inspired her recent bodies of work Dog Studies and Family Portraits.
These acrylic paintings are tributes to the profound impact that pets play in our daily lives. The intimate views highlight relationships while the simplified palette of black and white emphasize the elegance of the animal shapes.
Some Recent Exhibitions
- Year of the Dog: Elizabeth Petrulis, Arts Illiana outreach gallery at Corporate Square, Terre Haute, IN, Mid June – Mid November, 2018
- Gaslight Art Colony Members Exhibition, Gaslight Art Colony, Marshall, IL, March 17-April 14, 2018
- 4 artist show, (with Phil Dees, Cathleen Hogan and Fran Lattanzio) Community Gallery at the Clabber Girl Museum, Terre Haute, IN, November 1 – 28, 2017
- Self-Portraits: The Original Selfie, (Rachel Hellman Juror) Arts Illiana Gallery, Terre Haute, IN, May 5 – July 21, 2017
- International Exhibition on Animals in Art, (group show, Jonathan Mayers Juror), Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine in collaboration with the LSU School of Art, Baton Rouge, LA, March 19 – April 18, 2016
Sign up for the (mostly) quarterly email newsletter below!
Back to the Top
E-News sign up
I value your privacy, I do not share your information.