Artist Elizabeth Lisa Petrulis is reacquainting herself with dirty hands after two decades working with white gloves in an art Museum.
Coming soon you will be able to commission your own painting to honor your favorite pet. Sign up for updates.
Do you live in central Illinois or Indiana? Then Ms. Petrulis is your reclusive neighbor. She shares a studio and home in rural Marshall, Illinois with her husband, and with several rescued cats and dogs. The mongrels, of mysterious lineage, inspired her recent body of work Dog Studies.
These acrylic paintings are tributes to the profound impact that pets play in our daily lives. The intimate views highlight relationships while the simplified palette of black and white emphasize the elegance of the animal shapes.
Some Recent Exhibitions
- Coming in June, Year of the Dog: Elizabeth Petrulis, Arts Illiana outreach gallery at Corporate Square, Terre Haute, IN, 2018
- Gaslight Art Colony Members Exhibition, Gaslight Art Colony, Marshall, IL, March 17-April 14, 2018
- 4 artist show, (with Phil Dees, Cathleen Hogan and Fran Lattanzio) Community Gallery at the Clabber Girl Museum, Terre Haute, IN, November 1 – 28, 2017
- Self-Portraits: The Original Selfie, (Rachel Hellman Juror) Arts Illiana Gallery, Terre Haute, IN, May 5 – July 21, 2017
- International Exhibition on Animals in Art, (group show, Jonathan Mayers Juror), Louisiana State University, School of Veterinary Medicine in collaboration with the LSU School of Art, Baton Rouge, LA, March 19 – April 18, 2016
for blog updates below!
Back to the Top