TERMS OF SERVICE apply to all sales, last update 4/10/2019.
- You are purchasing the physical work of art to display and cherish (for personal use only).
- I, as the artist, retain copyrights including the right to make commercial copies to sell, or distribute for free, on the web or in print.
- I agree to maintain the anonymity of the subject, in name and location, if requested by the client, model, or legal guardian.
- For paintings with human likenesses made for private use (commission), should the need arise, I will consult with the client to determine if commercial copies are appropriate, but retain the right to use the image for documentation of and presentations about my work on the web, in person, or in print.
- I grant you the right to distribute images of the painting on your social media, but ask that you kindly credit me when you do. I would be pleased if you tag me. (facebook: ElizabethLisaPetrulisStudio , instagram: @elizabethlisapetrulis, twitter: @lizrulis, pinterest: elizabethpetrul, linkedin: Elizabeth Lisa Petrulis
- The photographic images of the subject will be used exclusively for the purpose of creating this work of art and of documenting its creation. The artist reserves the rights to all photos she takes of the subject for the purpose of creating the portrait, and the right to use the photographs (both hers and those provided by the client) in documentation and presentations about the artist’s process.
- For client provided photographs, the client asserts they have the right or permission (from photographer and model) to provide these photographs for this purpose.
- Prices are listed in US dollars.
- I use PayPal invoices. PayPal is a secure service allowing bank balance transfers, major credit cards, or debit cards. You do not need an account to pay by card.
- A 30% non-refundable down payment is required for commissions.
Shipping, Tax, and Delivery Options
- I will deliver your work for free within 50 miles of Marshall, Illinois, or, you can arrange to pick it up from my studio.
- If neither of those options is viable I will pack and ship it for an additional fee.
- Paintings are delivered once payment clears.
- Illinois residents pay a 7.25% sales tax (inclusive of shipping charges).
- International taxes VAT & GST are the responsibility of the customer upon delivery/ importation into their country.
- Shipping and Sales Tax, if applicable, are calculated separately from purchase price.
- Sales tax, if applicable, will be split between down payment and the final payment (which will include shipping if applicable).
- You are welcome to inquire about shipping charges via e-mail when you place your order.
- Works of art are shipped after payment clears.
- Small works are generally shipped USPS with insurance, tracking and optional signature confirmation.
- Larger works are generally shipped UPS with insurance, tracking and optional signature confirmation.
Guarantee & Returns
I want you to feel like you have acquired a treasure.
- On commission paintings I will make minor changes for free before the painting is delivered. If you require major changes a fee may be charged.
It is highly unlikely that the following scenarios apply to you because no one has been unsatisfied so far.
- On commission paintings you have right of refusal upon previewing the finished painting. However I will retain the non-refundable down-payment and have the right to exhibit and sell the work if I so choose.
- If, after living with the painting for some reason you are not satisfied, I will accept a return within 30 days of original delivery.
- A refund will be made (minus down payment to cover my time and expenses) upon receipt of the undamaged artwork.
- You are responsible for return shipping including insurance.
- Artwork must be returned in the same condition using original packaging (or professionally packed).
- I retain the right to exhibit and sell the returned painting if I so choose.
- Please respect my time and cancel as soon as you know you won’t be working with me.
- To ensure receiving a full refund of the down payment you must cancel within two weeks from my receipt of your payment and paperwork.
- If you cancel after I did a photo shoot, or began work on the composition, the down payment is not refundable.
- Keep in mind that I retain all artwork, preparatory work, and all copyrights of artwork created, and have the right to complete, exhibit and sell the painting if I so choose.
For more about commissions see commission page.